HOW TO INSTALL SILENTGHOST HD ON A FIRESTICK
This step-by-step guide provides detailed instructions for FireStick, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
SilentGhost HD is one of the newer on-demand apps for the Android platform. This app has a solid lineup of movies and TV series. Less than 4MB in size, SilentGhost is suitable for low-spec devices, including FireStick.
You won’t find many features in this app. Silent Ghost doesn’t even have any settings. However, it offers one-click playback that is pleasingly fast. That’s more than I can say for other on-demand apps.
Since SilentGhost is a third-party app, we will load it onto your FireStick. You can find complete instructions in this guide. Continue reading!
This app has stopped working. You can check out other apps from our list of the best apps for FireStick
Attention FireStick users: read before proceeding
Governments and ISPs around the world monitor their users’ online activities. Serious problems can arise when streaming copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick. Your IP is currently visible to everyone . I highly recommend getting a good FireStick VPN and hiding your identity so that your movie playback doesn’t turn into a bad twist.
I use ExpressVPN which is the fastest, most secure VPN in the business. It’s very easy to install on any device including the Amazon Fire TV Stick. It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like the service, you can always request a refund. ExpressVPN also has a special offer where you can get 3 months free and save 49% on the annual plan .
Here are the reasons why you should always use a VPN.
HOW TO INSTALL SILENTGHOST HD ON FIRESTICK
I’m going to use two different methods with two different apps to install SilentGhost on FireStick. You can use either of the following two apps:
- ES File Explorer
Both apps are available in the Amazon Store. You can download and install them as follows:
- Select Search (lens icon) in the upper left corner of the FireStick home screen
- Enter the name of the app you want to install ( Downloader or ES File Explorer )
- Select the name of the app and click on it when it appears in the search results below
- On the next screen, click the app icon
- Click Download to download and install the desired app
ALLOW APPS FROM UNKNOWN SOURCES BEFORE INSTALLING
There is a security setting called Apps from Unknown Sources that needs to be enabled in order to allow third party apps like SilentGhost HD to be installed. How to do it:
- Go to the FireStick home screen and select Settings from the menu bar at the top
- When you see the options below , click on My Fire TV (or in some cases it’s Device)
- Open the Developer Options article
- In the next window, check to see if the item Apps from Unknown Sources is On or Off. If it’s off, click on it and turn it on
- You should now see a warning message. Don’t worry, SilentGhost HD is a trustworthy and safe app. Click Turn On
You can now install SilentGhost on FireStick or any third party app.
INSTALL THE SILENT GHOST HD APK ON FIRESTICK USING THE DOWNLOADER APP
Downloader continues to be the most widely used tool for sideloading third-party apps onto FireStick. Our in-depth guide to sideloading apps on FireStick describes this app in detail.
This is how you can install SilentGhost HD on FireStick using this app:
- Run the downloader app. Go to the right of the app (with the Home tab selected) and click in the field where the URL should be entered
- Use the on-screen keyboard the following URL: https://www.firesticktricks.com/sghost Note: You can also just enter firesticktricks.com/sghostClick Go or press the break key on your remote control Firestick
- Wait for the SilentGhost HD APK to download to your device (the version is 3.9MB).
- The downloader runs the file during installation. When you see the following screen, scroll down to the right and click Install
- Wait while the SilentGhost app installs
- You will see the App Installed message when the installation is complete. I don’t click Open as we will learn to use the app later. For now, click Done to return to the Downloader app
- Select the Delete button and click on it. We are going to delete the SilentGhost HD APK, which is no longer needed because the app has been installed.
- Click Delete again
How to install the SilentGhost HD app on FireStick.
INSTALL SILENTGHOST HD APK ON FIRESTICK USING ES FILE EXPLORER (ALTERNATIVE METHOD).
While the downloader app does the job for you, it’s good to have some alternatives on hand. It is for this reason that I am presenting you the ES File Explorer method. In addition, the downloader app is not available in all countries.
To install SilentGhost HD on FireStick using ES File Explorer, do the following:
- Click Downloader icon on the home screen of ES File Explorer (it’s located in the right part of the window as shown in the figure below)
- At the bottom of the next window, click + New
- In the Download dialog box that appears, enter the following details: Path : https://www.firesticktricks.com/sghost
Name : Any name you like. I’m typing an SG Note: Please enter the full URL in the path field
- Click Download Now
- Wait for the SilentGhost APK to download
- Click Open File when you see the following prompt
- Click Install in the next window to start the installation process
- When you are directed to the following screen, click Install again
- When SilentGhost HD has been installed, you will see App installed notification
- Click Open and start the app. To open the app later, click Done
Done! How to install SilentGhost HD on FireStick using ES File Explorer.
You may now want to delete the APK file to free up space on FireStick storage. Here are the quick steps:
- Click and expand Local in the left sidebar of ES File Explorer
- Click home (the second one without the home icon)
- Now navigate to the right and click on Download folder
- Select the SlingHost APK file and long press the Select / OK on your FireStick remote
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and click on the trash can icon to delete the file
ACCESSING AND USING THE SILENTGHOST HD APP ON THE FIRESTICK
If you search for the app on your FireStick’s home screen, you won’t find it there yet. You need to move it to the home screen. Here’s what you do:
- Press and hold the Home button on your FireStick remote control for a few seconds
- When you see the pop-up window in full screen mode, click Apps to go to the Apps & Channel Area
- You will now see the list of all your apps. Scroll down and select SilentGhost
- When you want to run the app, press the Select / OK button on your remote control. To go to the home screen, click the menu button on the remote control
- You will now see the menu options at the bottom right of your TV. Click movement
- Drag the app icon to the top row (or one of the top three rows).
- Drop it in the desired location by pressing the Select / OK button on the remote control
We are now going to explore the SilentGhost HD app on FireStick.
To be honest, there isn’t much to discover. And I don’t mean it badly. SilentGhost HD is a simple, no-frills app for streaming movies and TV shows. So you can get started almost immediately.
The following picture shows the start screen of the app:
As you can see, the menu sidebar on the left has just one search option at the top and four other items:
- New version
- Television shows
- Request (the area where you can request a movie or show that doesn’t already exist)
The app comes with no settings or tools. As of this writing, SilentGhost HD doesn’t offer Trakt or Real Debrid integration either. You can only use it to stream movies and shows.
The good thing about this app is that it is extremely light. The version shown in this manual is only 3.9MB in size. It’s incredibly easy. Hence, it has great performance on all types of Android devices including FireStick. With one-click playback, you can start streaming pretty quickly.
SilentGhost HD is a small, fast app with a large content collection and one-click playback function. It doesn’t offer many other features that are found in other on-demand apps. However, it does the core job of streaming well. The app usually plays videos in 720p resolution. Full HD 1080 video is hard to find. All in all, it’s a decent app to try out.